Wednesday, June 29, 2011

High Blood Pressure and Me It's My Life

I was pretty healthy growing up, I was never a skinny kid, but I wasn't fat either. I never had any health issues, but my family did. My family has a history of high blood pressure. My grandmother died from this condition many years ago and now it is haunting my family. My mother has it, both of my sisters and now my brother and my niece.

With my first child I was healthy and so was he, my son which is now 16 years old. I got pregnant again 5 years later with my daugther Alecia. During the birth my blood pressure shot up, way up! And from then on I been taking medications to control it.

It's funny how I never had it before, but with my second pregnancy I got it and it stayed with me. During my third pregnancy with my daughter Mariah, they had to induce my labor because of the high blood pressure.

I'm tired, every time I go to the doctor she has to increase my medicine dosage. I ate right most times, but I didn't watch my salt intake. I exercised and tried to stay active mostly all the time, but it still had not changed. My doctor says I have uncontrollable high blood pressure. I'm ready and I'm tired of taking medication.

I began to eat much better and watch my sodium. I workout a hour mostly everyday and other days I find other things to do like, tend to my garden. I've lost weight and I'm still losing, but I still struggle with water retention. I have to really watch my salt, because I want to get rid of this medical condition. Water weight is the last thing I need, at least it is easier to get to rid of than fat.

I love my life, I don't want to have a heart attack or lose a kidney all because I was to ignorant to care for my health. This is my life and I want to live it as long as possible without any complications. My life is my kids and my goal is to kick high blood pressure out the door and watch my babies have their own little families.

If you have high blood pressure, do something about. Don't just sit back and let it destroy your body. Live your life to the fullest, be at your best. Love you and live gracefully.

No comments: