If your daughter has fine to medium hair you are probably set free from the harsh chemicals needed to make it more easier to comb and improves it's texture. If you have decided to use a relaxer for her hair, you need to follow all the necessary steps to keep your child's hair healthy.
Coarse hair is very difficult and rough to deal with, I know because I have it and so does my oldest daughter. No one likes coarse hair, it's thick which I love, but the texture is annoying. A a relaxer may be used or other hair care methods if you have this type of hair, especially if your little girl has it.
Black coarse hair can be hard to comb, get tangled easy and dries out a lot if not properly cared for.
If you've decide to straighten her hair out with chemicals, follow these steps to prevent breakage and hair loss.
- When applying a perm to her hair make sure to follow all directions given with the kit.
- Afterwards give her a hot oil treatment and leave on for about 10 to 20 minutes
- Once every thing has been rinsed out, carefully dry hair with towel. Blot gently do not rub to prevent frizz and breakage.
- If you prefer to use a blow dryer, be careful because scalp will be sensitive from chemicals. Blot excess water from hair, apply hair lotion, put the blow dryer on low or medium, gently comb through hair with wide tooth comb to prevent tangles.
- Once hair is dry enough, oil scalp (if drying with towel) and then massage her head. Massaging the scalp will stimulate hair follicles and promote healthy hair growth.
- Comb hair to release any knots and tangles.
- Make sure there are no split ends. If there are then cut ends to make her hair look better and prevent breakage. Style as desired.
One more thing if you are considering getting your daughter's hair braided, wait at least a week after relaxing before braiding her hair. Why? The hair just had chemicals applied to it and this makes it fragile, so waiting is better so that hair can restore back to it's natural strength.
This is what I do to maintain my daughter's hair and her hair has grown so much. She was having hair loss problems in the back of her head. Doing these steps help her out so much, she can now were a bang in the back of her head without it looking so uneven.
Healthiest Hair Care For Men